ISF Emergency Medical Care Grant for Animals
The medical costs of treating and rehabilitating an animal in need can become staggering for any organization or individual trying to help. The ISF Emergency Medical Care Grant for Animals provides financial assistance to animal welfare organizations, agencies, and in some cases individual rescuers, responsible for the care of animals recovering from abuse, neglect or injuries suffered from a traumatic event. The purpose of this grant is to provide animal victims a second chance by alleviating their rescuers of the financial stress of treatment so they can focus on facilitating the animal's adoption into a permanent, loving home.
- These emergency grants are given throughout the year with no application deadline dates.
- ISF will award up to a maximum of $2500.00 USD per grant application.
- Due to the overwhelming number of animal need cases, this grant can only be offered to a select number of recipients each year and they will be awarded based on: availability of grant funds, eligibility of applicant, and medical urgency.
- Once submitted, receipt of your grant application will be acknowledged via email.
- Award decisions are able to be made within one week.
- When approved, please allow up to two weeks from the time of first contact for grant money to be awarded.
Who May Apply?
- Animal Shelter Agencies (both public and private) in the United States & Canada.
- Rescue groups with 501(c)(3) status operating in the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii & Canada.
- In specific cases, individuals, living in the United States & Canada, who have privately rescued an animal.
- Grant funds may be used to cover only medical procedures for animals who are in need of urgent medical care or who have been victims of abuse or neglect and require medical treatment before being placed for adoption.
- Grant funds will not be awarded to "reimburse" rescuers in cases where treatment has already been completed and/or the animal has fully recovered.
- Applicants must obtain a diagnosis, course of treatment and cost estimate prior to applying for this grant.
- Medical procedures covered under the fund will allow the animal to medically recover and live a relatively pain-free life.
- Animals involved must be able to be successfully placed in forever homes.
- Treating Veterinary clinics must be willing to accept payment via check from ISF, provide ISF with an itemized estimate and speak with an ISF representative, if necessary.
- Applications must be received no later than 3 months following the date of intake of the animal(s).
Grant Funds May Not be Used for:
- Routine medical procedures (vaccinations, heartworm testing, spay/neuter, etc.).
- Training costs or behavior modification costs do not apply.
How to Apply
- Complete the grant application.
- Upload a copy of 501(c)(3) determination letter for non-profit organizations (if applicable).
- Upload copies of all veterinary receipts/estimates. If services are/were provided by on-staff veterinarian or rescue discounts were given, receipts must reflect out-of pocket expenses only and they must be issued by veterinarian’s office.
- Upload photo of the animal patient.