The Ian Somerhalder Foundation (ISF) is seeking college students and early career applicants (ages 18-29) for a one-year volunteer term working as professional assistants in campaign and program services development. The volunteer position is a one-year commitment, spanning January through December 2018. Volunteers will work directly with the director of program services development, assisting in the development and implementation of new and current ISF program services and campaigns.
IS Foundation Mission and Purpose
The Ian Somerhalder Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures.
Our environment functions as an interdependent system. Plants, animals and humans depend upon one another for survival and each person plays a unique role in the future of all life on this planet. The problems we face require a cohesive approach that does not sacrifice one component over another.
ISF empowers human action through programs and collaborations that promote education, innovation and build skills in empathy and effective leadership. ISF engages and supports youth – one of our most powerful, yet often disregarded, groups. Through programs, partnerships, grants, media initiatives and campaigns, ISF provides support for organizational and grassroots efforts that protect and restore our planet.
The responsibilities of the early career volunteer include but are not limited to:
- Participation in creative teamwork, organization and planning in the development and implementation of program services and campaigns.
- Administrative assistance in the development and implementation of program services and campaigns.
- Participation in creation of content and media supporting ISF program services and campaigns.
- Collaboration with all focus areas of ISF involved in program services and campaigns.
- To engage young adults in the Ian Somerhalder Foundation’s mission.
Skills and Experience
- College student or early career professional, age 18-29
- Available to dedicate 5-10 hours per week to ISF over the year term
- Access to resources allowing you to work virtually (online) throughout volunteer term
- Able to participate in regularly scheduled telephone or web conferences
- Proficiency in use of the English language
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Efficiently conduct research and produce written articles and content supporting program services and campaigns
- Professional and responsive in written and verbal communication
- Alignment with the IS Foundation mission and purpose
- Interest in developing environmental campaigns involving water pollution and beach clean-ups
- Interest in developing leadership skills and participating in a non-profit team
- Travel is not required for this position
- Applicants are invited from all countries, but must be proficient in use of the English language
Past volunteers have joined in global campaigns with ISF and other partnering organizations, have contributed skills and talents to ISF and have become more actively involved with issues affecting their local communities and university campuses. Many report the experience has helped to enrich their worldview and both personal and career paths.
Application Deadline: December 24, 2017 11:59PM EST
Please Note: The application will only be open and active during specified times announced during the call for applications.