Focus Area: Multi-Media
Volunteer Title: Multi-Media Artist and Animator
Reports to: ISF Multi-Media Team Coordinator.
Average Weekly Hours: 3-4 hrs. (Roughly one project a month)
Desired Skills and Talents:
- Demonstratable animation and design skills in both digital and traditional media — hand drawing and illustration talents a plus.
- Able to design, create and edit animations as well as animated graphics to high quality standards of story narrative, sound, look and feel.
- Experience creating compelling & appealing visual designs for video, web/digital projects and other multi-media content.
- Adept at translating concepts and synthesizing information using graphic and visual talents to deliver compelling digital, multi-media and visual content for online and offline consumption.
- Capable of submitting creative ideas, layouts, sketches/quick renders, and storyboards when needed.
- Good working knowledge of animation, image editing and illustration software including the Adobe Creative Suite and other common multi-media and animation production tools such as After Effects, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, Cinema 4D, Blender, etc.
- Knowledgeable of compression and rendering best practices.
- Proficient at encoding media optimized for different operating systems, resolutions, online and offline platforms.
- Collaborative in nature, able to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Support ISF in the creation of graphics year-round for all of the video content across our social media platforms, website, and offline needs.
- Create animations, special effects and other visual content by combining assets – concepts, images, graphic elements, video footage, audio, written copy, etc. – to craft compelling multi-media content.
- Generate and manipulate graphic images, animations, sound, text and video into finalized seamless visual elements.
- Conceptualize, design and animate to create motion graphics, animations and other multi-media and/or interactive content.
- Design illustrations both digitally and traditionally and in a wide range of artistic styles to cater to the various ISF initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Multi-Media Coordinator, campaign teams and other ISF key players, to produce educational and inspirational multi-media content in service of ISF’s online and offline campaigns, publications and other initiatives.
- Encode multi-media content optimized for different operating systems, resolutions and online platforms for the purpose of ISF’s promotion on ISF’s website and social media channels.
- Fulfill tasks and deliver projects in a timely fashion and to deadlines.
- Be a source of knowledge for animation and multi-media trends and techniques.
- Act as a cohesive member of a dedicated team whose mission is to help increase the IS Foundation’s online visibility, disseminate its message and promote its campaigns through high quality multi-media content.
- Observe at all times brand guidelines and copyright laws to safeguard the IS Foundation’s integrity.